Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 59: Urth Cafe West Hollywood


I have been going to Urth in Santa Monica on Main Street for years, loving the food, the vibe, especially the outdoor patio in the back.  I meet up with Joni or Kate there, and we catch up over iced tea and a mushroom omelette.  Last Saturday, on our way to a friend's house for dinner we stopped into Urth in West Hollywood for dessert to bring with us.  I got 3 flourless chocolate cakes and one blueberry pie (these are all mini pies and cakes) and they did NOT disappoint.  In Santa Monica I like how there is someone who comes around, when the line is long, taking orders to speed things up on the line.  Actually, in Hollywood, a server came up and took my order while I was waiting in line, so all I had to do was hand the cashier my slip and my money.  Very efficient.  I am posting a couple of pictures I did not take - one of Russell Brand leaving Urth.  Apparently the WeHo Urth is the spot for spotting of celebrities, and celebrity dogs.  Entourage scenes have been filmed here.  They hugged it out over Urth lattes.

No comments:

Post a Comment