Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 53: Los Liones hike

(Parker Mesa Overlook/Topanga State Park)
My friend Autumn sent me a link to suggest ideas for my blog: the LAist posted their 14 most romantic make-out vistas, and the hike I took today that I was about to blog about was on there!  Serendipitous.  Kalli and I took our weekly hike up Los Liones, in Topanga State Park.  I lamed out a little over Christmas break, plus I had a cold for a week, so this hike really kicked my ass today.  It is a fairly challenging hike.  We love it because it's a gorgeous spot -- the hike is doable in under an hour, and it's a kickass workout.  We peak at this gorgeous vista, apparently a top make-out spot.  On a clear day, which today was, you can see north all the way up Malibu's coast, and south all the way to downtown, and the mountains beyond.  The air is clean, and it's an amazing way to start out the day.  Off to Starbucks for a zucchini muffin and a massive iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment