Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 58: Venice Beach


It was a gorgeous, balmy day today.  Instead of going to the gym, I grabbed my ipod, camera, geek helmet and headed down Pearl on my bike.  I waited forever for the light at Lincoln (my cousin used to call this the ugliest street in Los Angeles.) I wove through the back streets behind Main Street, then down to the beach.  At the bike path, I made a left and rode to Venice.  I rode past the people strolling, tourists eating at Perry's Cafe.  I rode past the homeless teenagers, the musicians, the vendors selling everything from sunglasses to a hemp-themed line of clothing.  I snapped these shots of skateboarders at the skate park.  And this chihuahua with attitude.  The ride home is a whopper - there are a few small hills, and then from 11th to 14th street up Pearl it is a steep incline, spinning those wheels furiously.  Whew got up that hill and earned the massive lunch I was imagining I might have to have

No comments:

Post a Comment