Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 57: Jump Sky High, Camarillo

Well, I left the Westside today.  Boy did I leave!  I took a car full of boys to Camarillo.  The first sign we had left Los Angeles behind:  The SUV in front of me in Camarillo on the freeway proudly declared on a bumper sticker, "I do not believe the liberal media."

Jump Sky High is a massive structure the size of an airplane hangar with several different jumping options.  Once you sign their lives away in a waiver, your kids can bounce off the walls, bounce in their own square, bounce square to square, younger kids can go in a puffy bouncy climbing apparatus and slide.  There was a foam pit.  One of the dads did a backwards flip into the foam pit, and I had to close my eyes.  I'm imaging he will be spending some time at the chiropractor tomorrow.  The music, combined with the noise of several hundred bouncing children was fairly deafening.  Since I have a scratchy throat and didn't want to do a lot of yelling over the music, I mostly nodded and smiled when spoken to.  After 2 hours of this the grown-ups all agreed we would meet at the Waypoint Cafe in the Camarillo airport for lunch.  One of the dads found this and researched it on yelp (it had enough positive yelps to insure that along with kiddie fare there would also be edible adult fare.)  The Waypoint Cafe did not disappoint.  It's everything I wish the Spitfire Grill in Santa Monica would be.  The Spitfire is also a cute little cafe in view of the take-off and landings of the small-plane airport, but the food is inedible.  So with my iced tea and chicken sandwich with guacamole and jalapeno jack cheese, I happily watched the kids run around on the lawn next to the runway.  Oh, and it was 80 degrees.  Excellent way to spend MLK day with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment