Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 49: lemonade


If you hate to commit to one thing on the menu, and you prefer to try a bite of everyone's plate at your table, come to Lemonade for lunch, on the corner of Abbott Kinney and Venice Blvd.  What's not to like about a sleek, mod cafeteria that makes their own lemonade? They have 10 lemonade varieties, including blueberry mint, peach ginger, and my favorite- cucumber mint. If you order a healthy 3 salad combo, you can do half potions, which means you can try 6 different salads. My friend Lauren and I tried beets with pickled red onion and hazelnut vinaigrette, quinoa with cucumber, radish, ginger and orange vinaigrette, spaghetti squash, farro, pomegranate vinaigrette, braised fennel, bortolotti bean, arrugula, lemon, beluga lentil salad, fennel salad (I had the leftovers for dinner).  They have amazing stews and soups I have never tried, and several tempting desserts I would love to try -- all the more reason to return.  When life gives you lemons, go to Lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment