Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 24: Hills of Malibu

Every year I get invited to this posh holiday sale in Malibu and I am usually too busy in peak jewelry season, so I never go.  This year I decided to bring my friend Carmen and check it out.  Carmen drove, so I got to watch the surfers and the waves.  I saw three dolphins.  When we got to the sale Carmen thought we were at a country club, but I assured her it is a private home, complete with stables, a basketball court and pool.  We were hoping for a lavish catered affair, but when we got there all the sandwiches were gone and all that was left were mini cupcakes.  Carmen bought lots of gifts, a scarf and a robe.  I bought a t-shirt and enjoyed window shopping.  There were cashmere throws, diamonds, chunky sweaters, picture frames.  The most entertaining element by far was the people.  Camille Grammar was holding court.  I overheard her talking to someone, telling her side of the story about the behind the scenes of the big feud between Kyle and Camille on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  She was standing so close to the candles I was afraid she was going to melt.  I also saw Dorothy Lucey, host of a morning talk show.  On the way home Carmen and I stopped at an awesome deli in the Cross Creek shopping center.  In the car ride on the way home we scarfed down sandwiches and salads and headed back to our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment