Friday, November 5, 2010

Serenaded (and kissed) by Mariachi singers at Lares

Last night at my annual 29th birthday celebration I was serenaded and kissed by Mariachi singers at Lares restaurant on Pico Blvd. in Santa Monica.  My sister and 7 good friends drank margaritas with me and we had an incredible time!  I ordered Camerones al Carbon - you have to work a little as the shrimp are still in the shell - but they are the tastiest things you have ever had.  Also picked at Joni's ceviche which was really light and delish.  I was wondering if the Mariachis would know a song I remembered from the month I spent in San Miguel de Allende when I was 11 years only, which I could only remember as "She-be-de-be-de, ba dom pom pom" and they said, sure, and they played it.  It was sort of magical.  Great group of ladies.  I was feeling the love.  One of the men kissed me and wished me a happy twenty-one (well he's only 8 years off).  This morning I am feeling the pain, but nothing a few glasses of iced tea and a bike ride to the beach can't fix.

1 comment: