Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 17: Costco Marina del Rey

OK this is neither endearing, nor is it particular to L.A., but this is what I did today.  I clawed and elbowed my way through Costco in the Marina.  I got a box of yams, a bag of cranberries, a couple of bottles of wine and a lifetime supply of tampons.  The line to check out wasn't bad at all, but the mayhem involved in leaving the parking lot was enough to make me want to break into the beaujolais.  First of all, a woman parked next to me spotted her friend, helped usher me out of my spot, directing traffic, so her friend could get my spot.  She and I had the same purse.  I liked her.  But then leaving the parking lot and escaping to the street took me 10 more minutes.  Five different rows converging -- no one merging.  This was completely throwing off my plan to grab a tamale from Tamara's Tamales across the street.  Serious bummer.  After I was halfway to school to pick up the boys I realized I forgot to buy the port for Mimi's cranberry sauce.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment