Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 69: D.L. Rhein, Joan's on Third

It's Joni's birthday (almost!)  We had a great day walking around 3rd Street, between La Cienega and Fairfax.  We came upon this shop called D.L Rhein, owned by D.L. Rhein, a woman Joni knows from their kids' preschool.  When we walked in I was in tchotchke-lover's heaven.  There was jewelry, picture frames, leather note pads, beautiful beaded change purses, and a dreamy gardenia perfume oil.  Everything was so beautifully merchandised, I sort of wanted to move in.  After walking around we went to Joan's on Third. I get my Fringe Benefits 15% off for being a KCRW supporter, and the food is fantastic.  Joan's is one of those casual, order at the counter places with salads by the pound, quiches, sandwiches, quesadillas, and soups.  We both got chicken milanese with a side order - brussels sprouts for Joni and pasta for me.  We noshed, we laughed, sipped on a perfect old-school iced tea.  This is such a great area, home to one of my favorite stores, OK, right across the street from Joan's - but I'll have to save that for another day of the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment