Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 92: Gjelina

It was my sister's birthday, the Ides of March.  We almost blew our reservation for Gjelina.  Traffic and road blocks and family drama conspired to make it almost impossible to get there...everywhere I turned there was a detour, and then more traffic.  After I picked Lisa up there was traffic on Main Street due to the food truck Tuesday night crowd.  Once down there, I dropped Lisa off and attempted a few futile parking situations.  I finally pulled into the Brig, where the sign said $6 parking.  Fine.  Then the attendant informed me there were no spots left, but upon seeing my dejected face he offered to move his car and have me take his spot.  But where will you park?  I asked.  He said he would double park in the valet lot and be fine.  OK!  I forgot my sister's card, forgot to go to the bank, got in a huge fight with my husband and wanted to brain him. Other than that it went really smoothly.  I re-gifted a blow dry at the Dry Bar in Brentwood, only to discover that my sister's girlfriend Nichelle also gifted the same gift!  No worries -- Lisa will have good hair for close to two weeks!  Our hippie-dippie groovy waiter was so laid back -- sometimes we did not see him for 20 minutes or so, but for the most part he was really sweet and helpful.  He took 2 or 3 pictures of us but they all ended up with red devil eyes.  Damn  Iphone.  The best things I had tonight were: 1) 2 glasses of Pinot, 2) sunchokes, 3) buratta with artichokes, and 4) rhubarb tart.  Oh, I almost felt relaxed there for a moment.  Aaahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment