Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 87: RFD WTF

I want to say nice things about Real Food Daily.  In fact, this vegetarian restaurant with lots of vegan choices is a fantastic little spot on Santa Monica between 5th and 6th.  When I first stopped in to check them out, being a bit dairy-challenged, I was thrilled to find them.  The reason why they suck is their prices.  Every time I go in there I am bummed out by the bill.  I often write across the street at the library, so RFD seems like the perfect place to pop in for a cup of soup.  Today I ordered a cup of soup to go (3.95 - not a bad price at all).  I wanted to get a chocolate chip cookie, but at 3.25 I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  When the soup came, it was in a thimble.  I suggested they change the menu to read thimble instead of cup.  (Yes, I have become that lady.)  But I'm sorry, it's just such a gynormous rip-off.  A few times I ordered  the two vegetable combo with rice - you get to choose your own veg and rice, or quinoa, or whatever, and you pick a sauce.  It's not bad, for uber-healthy food, but again, the price of 7.95 did not really reflect what was on the plate.  Alas, they lost me today with that thimble of soup, it just felt like a slap in the face.  Even if you slap someone with tofu, it still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment