Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 85: Westridge Hike

Today I met Kalli and her dog Teak at the Westridge hike in L.A.  Westridge is the first left off of Mandeville.  You drive all the way up to the top and park at the trailhead.  Lucky howled and yodeled all the way from home.  The howling got louder and more excited as we got closer to our destination.  I ran into Kirk and Zelly (one year old) in the parking lot.  She was going for a hike strapped to her daddy's back.  When Kalli got there we let the dogs off leash and they shot up the hill, jumping over each other, so excited to finally be free.  Lucky's freedom was short-lived however.  He always takes it a step too far and plays too rough.  This time it was poor Teak.  She was playing with Lucky and all of a sudden he had her pinned and she was whimpering for mercy.  I had to put Lucky on his leash - he blew it!  Alas.   I love that mutt, but he is not the world's most civilized dog.  I quit taking him to the dog park a year ago, after being on the receiving end of a few diatribes by disgruntled (bitchy) owners.  Anyway, Westridge is the in spot for Angelinos and their dogs to see and be seen.  Last time we saw Jennifer Gray, another actress and Canyon Elementary mom just like Kalli.  It was a chilly morning but a gorgeous hike.  Being a bit of a freak about ticks and Lyme disease, I bathed the dogs when I got home, and then had to deal with their gross beds, so I washed their dog beds.  I could have starred in my own episode of "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment