Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 41: Kate Mantilini

OK we're two days into Christmas break, it's been pouring for days and I'm all out of ideas.  So today I took two hungry boys, cashed in a gift card I've had in my purse for a year, and drove to Beverly Hills, to Kate Mantilini.  Kate Mantilini is a classic Hollywood watering hole, which has withstood a shaky economy because it has high-end comfort food, and the quality has always been great.  On the front of the menu it reads: "Kate Mantilini was my Uncle Rob's mistress in the 40's.  She was a fight promoter.  My mother said (before she passed), How could you name this wonderful restaurant after such a terrible woman?  My husband, Harry, said, 'No one will be able to spell it!'" ~Marilyn Lewis.  Russell and Aidan raved about the excellent mac and cheese.  The waiter re-filled their Sprite and Arnold Palmer right away-- they were thrilled. I had one of the best sandwiches I can remember, lemon chicken on rosemary grilled bread which came with a tri-colore salad.  There was an actor/comedian at the next table whose name I couldn't think of.  It's still bugging me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment