Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 35: Panini Garden


Writers are always looking for an office.  Aka, a totally casual place where they can loiter for hours un-noticed and undisturbed, while ordering little or nothing.  This means self-serve.  And NOT Starbucks - that's my husband's office.  Today I made it Panini Garden, one of my favorites.  I was a little bummed out to see their prices went up (9.50 for a panini).  I must say though I ate that thing so damn slow I almost stretched it out to two meals.  The front patio and indoor cafe are cozy, but the garden out back is so charming it's a Merchant Ivory film.  There are pebbles, cafe tables in the sun, a fountain.  The only thing missing is Helena Bonham Carter chasing after a blonde society boy.  I usually order a Tachino - turkey, mozz, tomato and avocado on rustico bread, with an iced tea.  You have to scoop the ice with a scooper out of an ice chest and get the iced tea yourself, so you sort of feel like you're at a house party.  I like a partial sun/shade table so when I'm getting too hot I can shift.  When I'm writing and I'm completely blocked it's a great place to eavesdrop.  And yes, in case you were wondering, everything I do revolves around food.
 
2715 Main Street
                                                                Santa Monica, CA 90405

No comments:

Post a Comment