Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 34: Mother's Beach

Today was a total weather fluke.  My 8 year old was invited to a party on the beach in Marina del Rey at Mother's Beach, just behind the Cheesecake Factory.  Who could have planned a more perfect day?  It is warmer today than it's been in months.  82 and sunny in the Marina.  There was volleyball, digging and volcano building, the kids had an impromptu mud fight, tug of war, and they all ended up in the water. As if all that wasn't enough, there was pizza, bbq, and a pinata.  The birthday boy, Peter took one final whack at Spongebob -- candy and little rubber gekkos rained down.  I am afraid to google the dirtiest beaches in L.A...I'm sure Mother's Beach, nested right in the marina with dozens of boats coming and going all day, is right up there on the schmutz-ometer.  I didn't want to be the only mother at the party saying my kid can only go in in a Hazmat suit.  So I let him play.  Let's just say he was ordered into a hot shower to do a surgical scrub when we came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment