Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 29: Beach

Whenever I'm feeling like this is a tough place to live, all I have to do is take a bike ride or walk on the beach to remember, oh yeah, this is why I live here.  Since I moved here 20 years ago I have never lived farther than 2 miles from the beach.  Today, my sister Lisa and I headed down the stairs at Montana and Ocean, across the foot bridge and over to where they have just dug up the restroom and torn it down.  Lisa said they can replace it with the money she's contributed for all the parking and jay-walking tickets over the years.  It was a gorgeous, clear morning after all the rain last night.  We crossed over the bike path, and started running to the pier.  We had to stop at a little outlet that the rain created, so we turned around and ran as far as Back on the Beach cafe at the Annenberg.  We watched a lone surfer catch a wave and ride it in.  We decided to keep going, so we walked to Will Rogers beach, and crossed under PCH through the tunnel.  We walked up through Santa Monica Canyon, up the famous workout stairs, down Adelaide, up onto Ocean Ave all the way back to our car.  Great way to start out the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment