Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 68: Westwood

Aidan stayed home from school today with a cold.  We watched a screener of "The Fighter" (I had to fast forward through one or two naughty bits) while I worked out on the spin bike.  We had to see what all the fuss was about -- Christian Bale was amazing.  Afterward, Aidan requested Jerry's deli soup, so we drove to Westwood for lunch.  I had a feeling this was a mistake.  We usually go to Jerry's in the Marina near my mother-in-law's place, where there is ample parking and no traffic.  Westwood - not so much!  It's such a cute little college town, and I so seldom take the kids here that I thought it would be a fun thing to do.  After circling around looking for a meter, I gave up and parked in the lot right behind Jerry's.  We were hungry, damnit.  I have never been a fan of Jerry's Deli, home of the 15.00 sandwich, but my kids think this place is the Four Seasons.  They order the chicken soup, which Aidan got today, sans vegetables, extra noodles.  For medicinal purposes, I figured what the heck.  I had a super-average omelette, and a decent iced tea.  We got a quart of soup to take away for dinner.  On the way out, as we paid the 8.00 for parking, I felt a little indigestion coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment